- Chicken Lollipop pieces – 5
- Red chilli powder – 2 teaspoons to 1 tablespoon (as per spice tolerance)
- Cumin powder – 1.5 teaspoons
- Maida / Corn starch – 1 tablespoon
- Ginger garlic paste – 2 teaspoons
- Tomato sauce – 1 tablespoon (or tomato sauce – 2 tsp & red chilli sauce – 1 tsp)
- Soy sauce – 2 teaspoon
- Vinegar – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – 1/4 teaspoon (or as per taste)
- Oil – To deep fry the pieces
PREPARATION METHOD FOR CHICKEN LOLLIPOP
- Take a bowl and mix all the ingredients except chicken and oil. Mix well till it forms a thick paste. Dont add water in the ingredients now.
- If you get chicken lollipop from the butcher shop well and good, you can use it directly in the recipe, if not just take some chicken wing pieces and cut them into lollipops.I had to chop wings into lollipops the same way. It is not very easy but at the same time not very hard too. After that wash the pieces well in water and drain water completely.
- Now add them to the bowl with the prepared masala and mix it well. Rub the masala all over the chicken pieces and set aside for 5 minutes. (You can put the marinated pieces into a zip lock pouch and freeze until you use it. When using remove from freezer and let it come to the room temperature.
- Now place a frying pan on high flame and pour enough oil to fry the pieces.
- When the oil heats up, gently slide in the chicken pieces and fry both sides until the pieces seem cooked and turns reddish.
- Remove from oil using a slotted spoon and serve it hot!
Yummy and tasty chicken lollipop is ready.
- For more recipes visit southernspicy.com and Google